Marketplace Registration and Training
What’s New for Agents and Brokers for Plan Year 2018 Marketplace Registration and Training?
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has made the following enhancements to the marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS) to make it easier for you to complete marketplace registration and training and connect with potential clients for plan year 2018.
MLMS Profile Modernization
The MLMS profile has a modern look and feel:
- A new “My Profile” link on the MLMS landing page allows for easy navigation back to the MLMS profile.
- You can customize your profile in the following ways:
- Select one of four user roles: 1) Only an Individual Marketplace Agent Broker; 2) Only a Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace Agent Broker; 3) Both an Individual and SHOP Marketplace Agent Broker; or 4) Not an Agent Broker
- Complete the customized profile data fields that correspond to your selected role
- Indicate a time zone that corresponds to your hours of operation
• The self-attested state licensure fields have been removed.
Find Local Help Enhancements
- New and updated options in the drop-down menu allow you to display your contact information for all states in which you are licensed.
- Additional options are available to customize the contact information you would like displayed on Find Local Help.
Training Curriculum Display Enhancements
- Course names are updated and grouped by curriculum.
- The option to sort by registration date makes the most recent and relevant curriculum display at the top.
National Producer Number (NPN) Validation Message
- The MLMS will check the validity of NPNs entered in an agent’s or broker’s MLMS profile.
- New warning messages will provide details about potential typographical errors or NPN validation issues (e.g., inactive license or invalid line of authority).
- You will still be able to take training and execute the applicable Agreement(s) with CMS if you receive a validation warning message. However, you must have a valid NPN to receive issuer compensation and be listed on Find Local Help and the Registration Completion List.
For additional information, check out the “Plan Year 2018 MLMS Enhancements Overview” webinar slides.
Want to stay up-to-date on plan year 2018 Marketplace information? Act today!
- Subscribe to emails through your CMS Enterprise Portal account by selecting “Get Email Updates”
- Follow @HealthCareGov on Twitter
- Register for one of our webinars
- Join the more than 140,000 agents and brokers who receive the “News for Agents and Brokers” newsletters
- Visit the Agents and Brokers Resources webpage for access to all the information you may need
Start the Discussion